We are hiring!
CBC is searching for a dynamic and enthusiastic worship leader to join our thriving music staff team. Comprised of songwriters, worship leaders, audio/visual designers and creatives, our music staff is developing a robust music ministry across our multiple services and ministries. This is a great team to learn from and grow along side of. As a 250 year old, multi-generational church, we highly value fresh ideas and new approaches to music and worship but also want to maintain a sense of tradition in some of what we do.
The individual we are looking for will lead worship for our 10:30am service. This service has served as our “traditional” service for many years, providing congregant members with the opportunity to worship along to hymns. We are looking for a worship leader who will bring fresh ideas and new approaches to what a “traditional” service can look like for all ages in 2024 and years to come.
Culpeper Baptist is a community facing church that shares it’s building with three other congregations that represent multiple cultures. Located right near the heart of town, our facilities also host a large Child Development Center, a senior adult day program, community youth and young adult groups and more. The right candidate will join the existing music and ministry teams in engaging with our community and seeking to create bridges among our diverse community.
The right candidate will be:
- A problem solver
- A team player
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in music or significant relevant experience.
- Proficiency in leading music vocally and on an instrument (Piano or Guitar)
- Proficiency in using online planning tools to serve our volunteers.
- Extra credit if you can play the pipe organ or know someone who does
- Work with the team in planning all aspects of worship services.
- Work with the team to develop our Worship Choir
- Identify/recruit, and rehearse with, soloists or small groups of singers for the 10:30am service.
- Collaborate with the staff to provide music for special services.
If this position peaked your interest, don’t hesitate to reach out - Dan Carlton -email@example.com